Thursday, January 7, 2010

What is a good recipe for sesame tofu? And what are some other vegetarian recipes do you enjoy?

I'm trying to become a vegetarian, and possibly vegan.What is a good recipe for sesame tofu? And what are some other vegetarian recipes do you enjoy?
Here's a recipe I like:





http://vegweb.com/index.php?topic=12627.鈥?/a>





I use agave nectar for the liquid sweetener. It's a great substitute for honey. You can get it at most natural foods stores. I also cook the tofu in toasted sesame oil.





VegWeb has some pretty good recipes.





Today, I made a lovely Tofu Picatta from ';The Vegetarian Meat and Potatoes Cookbook'; by Robin Robertson. I had it with some whole wheat fettuccine and leftover sesame green beans. It's a little more complex than most cookbooks I have, but it's good for people who like hearty foods.





Check out Isa Chandra Moskowitz's cookbooks--she has an awesome book called ';Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World.'; My omni coworkers loved these cupcakes I made for a departing colleague. Her newest book is called ';Veganomicon,'; and it's basically a vegan how-to.

No comments:

Post a Comment